Cricket South Africa has announced the dates for the Proteas women’s incoming tour against Pakistan. And it is going to take place from in May of this year. The match will be comprised of three-match, One-Day International, known as (ODI) and a five-match T20 series athwart five scenes from the 6th of May till the 23rd of May 2019.
Proteas Women’s- the ODI
The ODI series is another chance for an opportunity for the Proteas women to secure an extra and vital six points towards their ICC Women’s Championship campaign. Their series curve ensured South Africa’s rise to the fourth place in the tournament log, placing them closer to their qualifying goals for the 2021 ICC Women’s World Cup taking place in New Zealand.
The last time they met, South Africa won by three wickets in their opening entrance of the 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup that took place in England. Before that, Proteas had again won the 2-1 ODI series in Sharjah in the UAE, after losing the first fixture. Pakistan also enjoyed a fruitful start to the year, recently securing a historic 2-1 series win against the West Indies in Dubai. It was their first win against the ladies from the Caribbean.
The T20 Series
The T20 series helps all sides to continue with their preparation next year’s ICC T20 Women’s World Cup taking place in Australia.
Corrie van Zyl, CSA Head of Cricket Pathways, said:
“After a positive home tour with Sri Lanka, we are happy with the team’s way and we also welcome another challenge from our opponents to our shores in Pakistan. This tour provides an ideal chance for the Proteas to race for the six IWC points.
“Pakistan also did come off the back of an effective and historic series win against the West Indies, so it will be a competitive tour and also we look forward to seeing our ladies execute the identified areas of development that will place them in good stead in the future ICC and two-sided events.
ODI Tour Schedule is a follow:
- May 6, 1st Women’s ODI – South Africa v Pakistan at Senwes Park
- May 9, 2nd Women’s ODI -South Africa v Pakistan at Senwes Park
- May 12, 3rd Women’s ODI – South Africa v Pakistan at Willowmoore Park
T20I Tour Schedule is a follow
- May 15, 1st Women’s T20I – South Africa v Pakistan at Tuks Oval
- May 18, 2nd Women’s T20I – South Africa v Pakistan at Pietermaritzburg Oval
- May 19, 3rd Women’s T20I – South Africa v Pakistan at Pietermaritzburg Oval
- May 22, 4th Women’s T20I – South Africa v Pakistan at Willowmoore Park
- May 23, 5th Women’s T20I – South Africa v Pakistan at Willowmoore Park
More Casino News