Online bingo is a casino game where South African casino players mark off their selected numbers on cards and the numbers will be drawn randomly by a caller. For new players and existing players that want to learn more about how to play bingo, we have compiled a step-by-step guide that will help you understand the game and how it is played. Read on for more.
Play Bingo at Leading South African Gambling Sites
How to Play Bingo – Jackpots
Jackpots are prizes given to the winner of every game or numerous games. There are a few kinds of jackpots:
- Fixed Jackpots – they are awarded in every game no matter how many times they are won.
- Progressive Jackpots– is the prize money is rolled over every time the prize is not claimed. The more people play, the bigger it grows. Once it’s won, the jackpot resets.
- Community Jackpots – this is where everybody plays at the time. The progressive jackpot is won all the players get a share of it.
Online Bingo Varieties
Although the basic principle of online bingo is the same most of the time, there are different kinds of games that have slight variations in the rules. It’s imperative that players can differentiate between several game styles. They need to have a secure grasp of the rules of any of the games they are betting on.
When learning how to play bingo, players need to know the different types. The different types of online bingo games are:
- 75 ball bingo
- 30 ball bingo
- 90 ball bingo
- 80 ball bingo
How to play 90 ball bingo
Players buy cards with balls drawn randomly by the random number generator (RNG) that is built into the online bingo gaming programme.
- The bingo card is made up of three horizontal lines and nine columns.
- Every card has 15 numbers and five on every line.
- Column one has the numbers one to nine.
- Column two comprises of numbers ten over 19 up to 90.
Three parts to 90 ball bingo game
- Firstly, players must go for a line and aim to first finish a horizontal line on the card.
- Then bingo players must go for two lines and aim to finish the two horizontal lines.
- Lastly, gamers should aim to finish a full house, where they will have to mark off all the digits on the card.
How to Play 75 ball Online bingo
Here players buy cards with already marked numbers. The game starts and numbers are drawn at random by the caller/RNG. Players will then have to mark off any numbers that are called and appear on their card.
- The bingo card has five horizontal lines with five columns.
- Every column is ruled by a letter spelling out BINGO.
- The first column, B, might have numbers one to 15.
- Then the letter ‘I’ will have 16 to 30, and so on.
- The middle space of the card is free and it doesn’t have any numbers on it.
Three parts to the online bingo game
The aim is to complete certain patterns, with three ways to win. Players will have to get either:
- 24 numbers
- A complete diagonal, vertical or horizontal line.
- A precise pattern.
Players who create a line in any direction will win a prize. However, the game will go on until one wins a full house by having all of their numbers marked.
Players aim to make a specific pattern from numbers outlined at the beginning of the game. There is a vast variety of patterns to be called, with crosses, letters, and circles.
How to play 80 ball bingo
80 ball bingo is distinguished from other varieties by the following:
- The bingo card has four horizontal lines with four columns.
- Every column will have a different colour.
- The bingo game is played more like the 75-ball game with players having to mark off specified patterns.
- The maximum common patterns include all of the four corners, central squares or X shapes.
How to win in 80 ball bingo.
- Players can win the game when they mark off vertical, horizontal and diagonal lines.
- Also, players can win when they mark patterns, more similar to 75-ball. Winning patterns are announced before the game takes place.
How to play 52-5 Online Bingo
52-5 bingo is distinguishable from other varieties by the following:
- Every card features one line that consists of five different designs, numbers, or objects.
- This bingo variety is played with 52 dissimilar numbers, objects, or designs drawn randomly. Every design/object will be assigned a number for informal identification.
The quickest way to win the game is to be the first player to manage to fill all five designs/objects on your bingo card. You can also boost your winning chances by purchasing a maximum of 96 cards.